Sunday 1 March 2009

Went to Glastonbury

We went to Glastonbury Friday, just to see the place. It was cold. Glad I wasn't camping. We drove in through Pilton, past the entrance to 'Worthy Farm - All Deliveries'. There was a stillness that belied the transformation that will take place in the summer. Oh, and what a transformation! Driving in with the Tor on the right, it was bereft of people, just that commanding outline against a mid-grey sky. Glastonbury itself was quiet and did I mention, it was cold? We went into a cafe for a takeaway Latte/Tea (yes, a lot of that goes on) and there, on the wall was a signed team photo of the England Test team v the West Indies 2007, next to a signed leaflet of Marcus Trescothick and a B+W line drawing of Viv & Joel, which I only mention in passing as I was listening to West Indies V England, 4th Test, Day 3, England amassing a sizeable lead at the time. I love this part of the world, Glastonbury has a real sense of 'place'. It attracts people, all types of people. It always has and still does and probably always will. It particularly attracts people on the Wednesday of the last week of June, more than 130,000 of them last year and the same again this year, confirmed by advance ticket sales.

I didn't manage to bring my camera this time as I couldn't find the charger.


RP


Copyright © 2009 THE GREEN ORCHARD Ltd. All rights reserved.All other products or brand names mentioned are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.

No comments:

Post a Comment